Hello and welcome!
I am new to the blogging world and have enjoyed reading other blogs so much that I decided to try my hand at it. I decided to dedicate this blog to all things homemaking. I have been a homemaker for a mere five years now, and I think I am finally getting the hang of it! Growing up and as a young woman I rebelled against all things domestic. I never learned to cook or sew or preserve foods or launder clothes the proper way or iron or . . . (the list goes on!) Whenever my mom and sister got out their crafts I ran the opposite direction as fast as possible! lol! Even after I married, I still struggled with homemaking and did the bare minimum. I just didn't enjoy it! I cooked a little, I did the laundry, I cleaned our home; but they were all things I just didn't like to do.
When we had our first child I knew that I was meant to be a mother. I loved everything about being a mother and everything about babies! Fast forward four years and I am in tears trying to figure out how to love everything about children between the ages of 2-4. I have the baby thing down, but I am still learning how to be a better mother to my two toddlers. Their energy is endless! I love being a mother and have found such joy in having children and being with them each day.
I am an organizational paradox. I love to be organized and I love organizing, and yet I am not! Parts of my house are very organized and nice and neat and tidy. But there are other parts of the house that I dare not go! Cleaning is something I do good in spurts. I am an expert at decluttering and putting everything in it's place. However, I hate the chemical cleaning; the mopping and the wiping down and scrubbing of things. I realize though, that I am starting to enjoy cleaning because I enjoy the results that come after my hard work!
I love to decorate! I have been learning and reading a lot about decorating and have finally found a style I like. I have really taken off with it and have had so much fun decorating our house. Our walls stood empty for so long because I just couldn't decide what to put on them. Now my home feels more like a home because the walls have been dressed.
Cooking is an on going battle with me. But I had an epiphany the other day. I use to cook recipes that were easy because, well, that's just me. I like what's easy. My husband was grateful for the meal, but it was definitely nothing to be impressed by. Then I realized that everyone would be happier if I put a little more effort into my meals. And so I have been revamping my cooking. I cooked a lovely meal the other day. Yes, more than just a main dish (I use to be queen of main-dish-only eating!) I made a very yummy main dish of stuffed barbeque chicken. And along with that we had corn and green beans, a fruity pudding salad, and bisquits. The best part of the whole meal was that I felt good about my efforts and I was finally able to make a meal my whole family enjoyed it. Amazing what a little more effort and hard work can do! My husband kept complimenting me on the meal and then (this is the ultimate compliment) he phoned to tell his brother all about the meal I had prepared for him and how good it was!
Anyway, I know that this is a strange introduction. But I just wanted to introduce a few of the topics I will be writing about here on this blog. And in case you wanted to know even more about me, I enjoy the following: books, books, books, crafts (yes, crafts! I've overcome my childhood fear), writing, photography, movies, the ocean, the mountains, cuddly babies, bubble baths, flowers, sunrises.
Okay, enough. I hope to write a little each day and I hope that I'm not the only one who reads this!
Tuesday, July 11, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment