Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Projects for the week

Okay, I have a lovely list of things I would like to accomplish this week. And hopefully I can check them off my list because I actually accomplish them!

Here they are:

- Finish building computer armoire

- continue my weeding saga

- make more strawberry jam

- make our annual picture movie for my anniversary this Friday

Ahhhhh. . .it seems like a lot and it is. However, I could make things a lot easier on myself if I would just manage my time better. I'm really good at planning when to do something and how to go about doing it. But it never works out that way. I have no balance! I start getting into something and then I just go and go and go! Which is beneficial in some regards because I feel good about doing something and sticking to it. But then I realize all of the other things I needed to do that just didn't get done because I was focused, too focused on something else. For instance, I had a plan about how to tackle my weeding. Well, I started weeding and then I just kept going and going because it felt good to tackle the mess and I wanted to see the finished result. I did finish one big area of our yard, but I didn't get to much else that day because I was so tired from all the weeding. Oh well, slowly but surely, I'll figure out how to manage my time better.

Anyway, there is my planned week of projects. And yet here I sit, enjoying my computer. Enough, I must get off and get something done so that I can cross something off my list. There's nothing like crossing something off your list. I use to have lists just so I could cross things off. And if I hadn't crossed very many things off, I would add things to the list that I had already done just so they would be on my list and I could cross them off! Whew! I will be back tomorrow to report my progress.

No comments: