Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Time Out for Me

I went to "Time Out For Women" last Saturday. As in a week and a few days ago Saturday. Anyway, it's a one day women's conference with a bunch of motivational speakers and music. It was absolutely wonderful! I would strongly recommend going to one if you get the chance. It was sold out but my neighbor managed to get some tickets so she invited me and off we went. It was great to go and hear talks geared specifically to mothers and women. And no, I'm not alone in feeling overwhelmed and crazy in this whole motherhood journey. The whole day I felt like every speaker was speaking to me and telling me I was okay and doing a good job. It was beautiful! And the music was great too!

Another cool thing. We got to the conference early so we could get good seats and as we were standing in line a gentleman came up to me and stuck out his hand and said, "Hi, I'm Michael McLean." I was quite surprised, and replied, "Yes, yes you are!". He then asked me my name and said he was happy to meet me. I felt pretty special. Michael McLean was the host for the conference and shared lots of great stories about his music.

Anyway, again, if you've never gone to "Time Out For Women" or even heard about it, you should check it out and try to go. It will soooooooo be worth it! You can learn more about it by going here.

No comments: