Saturday, October 07, 2006

DVR

I love my DVR! Can I say that loud enough? We just got one this week and I can't say enough about it. Okay, yes, it is enabling me to watch more TV, but not an insane amount. There are a few shows that I really like to watch (Lost, House, The Office, Grey's Anatomy). Oh, and some of the new shows this fall that I like are Friday Night Lights and Heroes (although it is a little graphic). But they all come on during the children's bedtime routines. So it's either hurry and put the kids down in a super rushed way, or let them stay up and hope that they don't cause too much commotion during my show. Neither one of those options was working out. I called our cable company in hopes of getting a good deal on a DVR. I was able to get the service free for three months and then it's only like $10 a month after that. I figured it was soooooo worth it. It is definitely a little luxury that I will pay for.

I have recorded shows every day now. It's so much fun to record them and watch them later because then I can fast forward through all of the commercials. I can pause my show when I need to do something else. I can watch my show more than once, because it's right there in my beautiful little DVR box. Ahhhhh. . .it's so nice. I think everyone should get a DVR. They are way too much fun!

No comments: