Thursday, October 19, 2006
My class
I forgot to post about the woodworking class I'm taking. So, I'm taking a woodworking class! How exciting, huh? We meet once a week for 2 1/2 hours. It's pretty basic, and I was surprised that I know most of what is being taught. I guess trial and error makes a good teacher. We get to learn about all sorts of tools and what can be done with them. And we get to make something. I am making a bedside table. I get a little impatient at class because we have to be helped while making cuts and using the tools. I would rather just go for it and make my table. But I guess I am learning the "proper" way to do things. The only problem with the "proper" way is that you need all of the proper tools. I don't have, nor can I afford, the proper tools. So I will continue making furniture the way I can with my limited tool collection. And as long as it is functional and looks alright, that's fine with me! I will post pictures of my finished project when it is complete.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment