I wrote this about a year ago but I have yet to conquer my laundry weakness so here it is again!If there's one thing in life I absolutely hate (well there are a few others, but we'll just talk about one today), it is laundry. For some reason I have a severe handicap when it comes to laundry. I have been married for five years and most of that time I have done my laundry somewhere besides our house. Which means I had to take all of the laundry somewhere else and do it all at once. And actually, now that I think about it, that was good for me because it meant I did the laundry and got it done since the clothes couldn't just hang out in the washer or dryer until I decided to deal with them.
I now have my own washer and dryer in my house and still, I can't seem to finish the cycle of washing clothes. I will throw a load in and forget about it and by the time I do remember it, the clothes have soured and I have to wash them again. Or I will get to the drying part and then forget about them, which sometimes results in the clothes having to be dampened and dried again in order to prevent wrinkles. The worst, however, is the final two steps of laundering. I hate folding and I hate putting the clothes away! Usually, I will put the clean clothes in the laundry basket and then just fish out of there whatever clothes I need when I need them. And overall, I just tend to forget about washing clothes all together until I have my very own Mt. Washmore. It's an awful weakness of mine. The solution is simple. Do a small load every day; not all at once! I need to keep reminding myself of this: Whites one day, darks another, the kids clothes yet another day. We'll see if I can overcome this pathetic weakness.

No comments:
Post a Comment