
Never buy the cheapest, smallest refrigerator you can find. The above picture is NOT my refrigerator but wouldn't it be nice to own that? When we moved to a new house we needed a refrigerator. So, wanting to keep expenses low, we bought the cheapest new one we could find. And it's really small! I don't know the cubic feet, but it's small. I literally can't fit leftovers in this fridge. There's enough room for the basics like milk, eggs, a few fresh veggies and fruit. But that's it. And when I say cheap I mean cheap in every sense of the word. If you open the door wrong, the shelves in the door become unattached and everything falls out of them. The shelves kind of bow when you have too many gallons of milk on them (by too many I mean 3). The one drawer we have sticks and is difficult to open and shut. And did I mention it's small? Grrrrrr!
I don't know when we will replace our current cooling device, but I doubt it will be anytime soon. Because really, it serves its purpose (be it small and cheap). I can't see us spending money on a new fridge because if we were going to spend that much money, it would probably be on something else. So for now, I will just complain about my small fridge and drool over big ones that have multiple drawers and shelves and water and ice that comes with the push of a button and built in TV's and plenty of surface area to tack on kids art work and calendars and notes and pictures. For now, I will stand tall (er. . .I mean taller) by my fridge because it's all I got!
And just for the fun of it, here is a description for the above refrigerator:
As technology has evolved over the years, kitchen tech has unfortunately lagged behind. LG is doing its best to make up for lost time with its new LSC27990TT LCD TV Refrigerator ($3500-$3700; Q2). While keeping its food-storing attributes fresh — it is a refrigerator after all — it also features a 15" LCD TV in the right side door that is cable-ready and has connectors for a DVD player, as well as a 4" LCD above the left door ice/water dispenser that features weather reports, date/time, calendar, recipies, and a personal photo album you can populate via a USB port. Other features include an in-door ice maker that frees up more space for food, an Opti-Fresh crisper that keeps food good longer by using an indirect cooling system, and a Grab-n-go door basket, wine rack, and tilting door bins. Emeril would be proud.
Uhhh. . .hello? Nice, but maybe too nice!

No comments:
Post a Comment