Our garbage disposal quit working the other day. Great, I thought. Our house is just barely a year old and our garbage disposal is broken! So I dutifully searched out and located our home warranty information to see if it was covered. Nope. Then I went through the individual manuals and warranties for our various appliances. Nope. So then I looked under the sink at the stupid contraption to see what I could see. Not much, except for a 1-800 number for service. Great! At least I didn't have to figure out who to call. I proceeded to dial the number and prepared myself to be on hold for heaven knows how long. As I was waiting to talk to a live human, I noticed a small sticker on the garbage disposal that pointed to a reset button. "Huh." I thought. And so I pushed it. Just then I was transferred to a real live person on the phone and she very happily directed me to push the said reset button that I had already pushed. And yes, it worked. Apparently if the machine gets overheated it automatically turns off and you simply have to push the magic red button and it works again. Walaa! We no longer have a "broken" garbage disposal. It was simply overworked.
I'm making my new favorite food for dinner tonight. Chicken quesadillas. So very, very yummy. If I get around to it, I'll post the recipe. Actually, there's really not a recipe, just directions.
Anywho, not much to report on. I did manage to get the house in presentable order and I did take pictures of my house while in that presentable order. So tomorrow I will give you the "tour".
Thursday, January 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment