Tuesday, January 02, 2007

The words won't come

I've taken quite the hiatus (sp?)! Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the New Year have all come and gone. I sometimes wonder why I try to blog. Most days I have absolutely no idea what to write about. And on the rare occasion that I think of something to write about, my mushy brain is unable to put the words together for it to be coherent. Sigh. . . what can ya do? I promise that at one point in my life I could write. And, I could write pretty good. Now I seem to have regressed and the words just won't come! It's quite frustrating. Is it possible to get dumber? I mean, I swear I use to know more. Maybe I haven't been stretching my brain muscles enough and they have gotten, well, mushy. Who knows? Anyway, the point, if there is a point, is that I want to write more. I want to not be mushy. I want to be funny and witty and at least appear intelligent. So I'll try. But you know me, I can't promise anything because I just get too sidetracked and overwhelmed sometimes.

Christmas was great this year (except for the fact that everyone got sick and was puking off an on for a week and we were stuck in the car for about 50 hours and. . .well, you get the picture.) Except for all that and a bunch of other little things, Christmas was good. We saw family and friends and had fun playing games and eating lots of good food. We drove home and got in on New Year's Eve. We put the kids down and tried to watch a movie, but gave up and went to bed at 10:30 (how pathetic). DH just happened to wake up at midnight and told me to look out the window at the fireworks. I opened half an eye and said, "Umpmhuf," which meant "Happy New Year", rolled over and went back to sleep. Quite the party animals.

Anyway, it's a New Year and it will be interesting to see what's in store for us. I've got goals, and hopefully I'll actually accomplish them!

Until next time. . .

No comments: